Sunday, May 27, 2012

Is This a Bad Idea?

I have to go buy an air conditioner.  I had one last year but it didn't work very well, and it was loud, so it was hard to sleep at night with it on, so anyway, I got rid of it and need a new one.

Today's my day off and I was planning on heading over to PC Richards... but I am wildly distracted because I have decided to write a memoir.

I am also writing a wine book this summer (that I'm very excited about,) but this new project leapt out of nowhere and put a stranglehold on me.  I have taken down from the shelf all of my journals spanning the last twenty-four years (yikes) and have been flipping through them, gathering information and steam... and I am already seven pages into writing:

The Definition of (Love) Insanity: An Investigative Report.

What I figured is: if the definition of insanity is repeatedly doing the same action yet hoping for different results, I have to apply the inverse to get a different result in my love life.  So I need to figure out what these past patterns of love have been in order to circumvent them.


I am only on page seven and think this is going to be really important for me.  I also think this is going to be something people will want to read.  But if my intention is to write a book, I wonder if mentioning real people (even if most of them are only referred to by their initials or aliases) is a good idea.  I mean, I have to mention them.  But what if they read the book and sue me for some ridiculous reason?


I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.  For now, I'm crazy gung ho about sitting here and putting all of this down, even if it means I'm sweating in the heat and humidity.


So I guess, no, it's not a bad idea at all.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, Annie, I'll read the book, as long as it's available on amazon, or in some french bookstore. I've been following you for a long time, and actually since 1989, when you picked me and Daan up on Pear Tree point to go to DHS.
    So yes, definitely, I'll read it. Go ahead! the world is waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete